Tuesday, April 5, 2011

'Happy 1st Blogoversary!!!' Ontario Asparagus Tart, Roast Chicken with Lemon and Thyme, Upside Down Ontario Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake

Photograph from my first blog, April 3 2010 (taken by me!)

Yes followers, that's right! 'Twas one year ago today I published my first blog! Now, here we are, 128 posts, 107 recipes written, food styled and photographed , over 6500 views and 22 followers later! Yee ha!!! A part of me can't believe that I actually did it! Last spring, when I left my job in Toronto to go freelance in Georgetown and start up my blog, my former coworkers thought I was joking. They didn't think that I was serious about blogging and to tell you the truth, I wasn't sure myself! I had a romantic vision of working the land up at my parents 10 acres in Norfolk County, exploring the local food scene in my new surroundings, making and enjoying wonderful food and spending more time with family and friends. Well, one year later, I am happy to say that I was able to accomplish all this and much more! I am proud of myself for getting the chance to develop my own recipes, food style and photograph them for the 'Sideroads of Halton Hills' magazine (showcased today with 3 recipes, just click on the recipe for it to enlarge!) and I have now become a member of both the 'Canadian Food Bloggers Association' and 'foodblogs' (both badges with links are to the right). My favourite 'gadget' that I've added to my blog is the world map at the bottom of the page that tracks my views internationally! How cool is that?!
This past year has certainly had it's number of ups and downs. The unfortunate losses of Kevin's courageous Mother Sandy Patey and my family's beloved dog Libby were definite the lowest points. We all miss them so very much, every single day. As for the ups, this past year has brought my handsome nephew Evan James Visheau into the world and my recent engagement to my sweetie Kevin! If I have learned anything from these experiences, it's that life is truly bittersweet. I really hope that the year to come will be a great one for all of us...
As for my blog, I can tell you all that my mind is chock full of culinary adventures that I am just itching to begin (trying out cheese making and doing more baking are definitely on my list!). So, my loyal followers, thank you! Thank you for reading my silly little blog and being the reason why I continue! Thank you for your requests and for your comments, and please, please keep em' coming!! I love blogging and I love that you are all along for the ride! So, as I sit here in Georgetown, beef stock simmering on the stove and spring flowers in the garden almost ready to blossom, I look forward to what's yet to come. Good bye for now my followers and make sure to come back next week to find out where our next culinary adventure takes us! Ha!

Ontario Asparagus Tart with Ricotta, Parmesan and Prosciutto

Roast Chicken with Lemon and Thyme







Upside down Ontario Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake

2 comments:

Any Ominous said...

if only it were a moneymaker eh? yay sarah...

Unknown said...

Ha! :)